According to UNPAR Statute in 2005, the vision of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan is being an academic community based on faith and endeavor, looking for and disseminating the truth by conducting research and learning in order to increase human dignity through local potential development to an international level.
Universitas Katolik Parahyangan has a vision to develop local potential to this international level in order to enhance human dignity and create integrity. In achieving its vision, Universitas Katolik Parahyangan aims to become a research-based university in its learning process, knowledge development, and community service that is acknowledged nationally and internationally. In other words, research activities and their results as well as community service will be the basis to improve material and learning process qualities.
Through research and community service activities, Universitas Katolik Parahyangan is committed to develop the local potential, namely strength, eminence, and indigenous of Indonesia, particularly in the West Java region. According to science, technology, and art managed by Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, this local potential must be developed creatively and critically, so as to be able to compete at the international level. Research and community service activities are also directed to provide solutions to real problems faced by community and Indonesians as well, particularly in the West Java region.
UNPAR’s vision emphasizes the important role of research and community service to help achieve its vision. Specifically, UNPAR’s mission also reemphasizes the role of research along with the role of community, as follows:
- Development and inheritance of cultural values in critical and creative ways;
- High-level of the learning process;
- Research and scientific study as well as systematization and conservation;
- Familiarization with products, scientific activities; and
- Community services.
According to the vision and mission of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan above, Strategic Planning of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan 2012-2015 stipulated 4 (four) Strategic Objectives, with one of the strategic objectives is the high quality implementation of Institution of Tri Dharma to create excellent graduates, publications, and high quality scientific papers, and also the involvement of nation building as well as preserving the creation of integrity. Those Strategic Objectives described in various Strategic Programs, namely:
- Increasing quantity and quality of research, community service, and publication of lecturers scientific works through various supports and training to obtain research grants and community service.
- Developing, maintaining, and respecting research units to produce research works, community service, and excellent scientific research publications through incentive system management for research works, community service, and scientific work publication.
- Developing, maintaining, and respecting the efforts to cooperate in the fields of research and community service.
- Developing the material and learning process in accordance with research results and community service.
Encouraging and developing science, technology, and art which involve various disciplines to bring the local potential for the settlement of various real problems to the community.