Field and Activity Programs
Fields of Excellence
The vision and mission of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan stated on UNPAR Statute and Strategic Planning of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan 2012-2015, contain several keywords, as follows:
- Emphasizing preferential option for the poor.
- Bringing local potential.
- Fulfillment of human dignity and creation of integrity.
- Prioritizing research and multidisciplinary service.
- Being goal-oriented.
In line with the understanding of the vision and mission above, research and community service activities conducted by Universitas Katolik Parahyangan focus on several Excellent Fields, namely:
- Eradicating poverty.
- New and renewable energy
- Food resilience and security
- Regional autonomy and decentralization
- Information and Communication Technology
The Research and Community Service Institute has a duty to describe Strategic Programs to implement Strategic Planning of Universitas Katolik Parahyangan 2012-2015. In the fields of research and community service activities, the Strategic Program will be described in various Activity Programs, namely:
- Lecturers training as researchers/devotees to improve research proposal writing ability and qualified community service.
- Lecturers training for scientific article writing that fulfills the qualification to be published in scientific journals.
- Increasing research cooperation and community service with governmental institutes, particularly the General Directorate of Higher Education and private institutes, particularly related to the Catholic University Association.
- Increasing research funding and community service from external parties through socialization activities and giving support and facilities to researchers/officials.
In the fields of research and community service enhancement, the Strategic Program above describes various Activity Programs, namely:
- Provision of familiarization and service facilities that support research grants and community service, particularly offered by the Directorate of Research and Community Service, Education Authority (Dikti).
- Developing a research information system and community service to manage and administer research and community service activities based on a website.
- Integrating research and community service activities as lecturers’ activity by considering it as Semester or annual Activity Planning.
- Management enhancement of research and community service activities, both for research and community service purposes with internal scheme or external party funding.
- Management regulation determination of research and community service activities according to the evaluation of regulations regarding existing research activity management.
- Incentive regulation determination of lecturer’s scientific works according to the evaluation of existing incentive regulation.
- Organization management and development for research management and community service by establishing various multidisciplinary centers that fall under the Research and Community Service Institute.